- This event has passed.
Let your ears lead you. Follow our planned route and take a Soundwalk to connect with the unique voice of your environment, your city, and the world around you in a safe, active, and musically interesting way.
This event is self-directed, allowing for maximum personal safety.
1) A sound-map and accompanying information sheet can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/DLSoundwalkMap
There will be some printed copies of the route, on-site, in case you would like to put your phone away.
2) If you wish to look at a digital map, and calculate out the duration of the route, you can do so by clicking this link and entering your estimated speed here: http://bit.ly/DLSoundwalk
3) Details for the accessible route: It is flat, and shorter than the full loop. The ground has both paved and gravel pathways. It is estimated this route will take approximately 30-40 minutes .
4) Details for the full route: includes paved and unpaved trails, is mainly flat, and does include a hill and uneven ground near the end. There are three flights of stairs, and the total elevation is 83 meters. The loop will take approximately 40 mins-1.5 hours, depending on your level of engagement with the prompts.
5) There will be physical markers along the route to help guide your way. These will be installed along the route by 1pm on Saturday.
6) Some of you may have seen that an installation was planned for Sunday. We regret to inform that we are unable to present the installation at this time due to the current health orders.
“A Soundwalk invites participants to actively listen, opening ears and consciousness to the complex orchestration that the environment is composing at all times. It is a musical-sonic adventure that reveals the banal to be extraordinary!” –Vancouver New Music